Training interventions are linked to the development of positive replacement behaviours that support the increase of prosocial skills and coping strategies and are provided to the family, participants and carers. The participant is provided with opportunities to prioritise additional interventions that are critical to the achievement of NDIS goals. Further assistance from the WSU behaviour support team is explored and participants are provided with options and choices that help families work out the next step of their NDIS journey.
We run practical 90 minute workshops that are informed by the best available research and provide tailored training for your school to support teachers to improve outcomes for learners with special needs that meets VIT requirements. Schools are invited to select one or more workshops to be included in their PD schedule across the year, and all participants will receive practical resources that they can use in their classroom and a certificate of participation.
Package 1: Boosting inclusion and learning outcomes for students with complex needs.
The Program offers a tiered and planned response for children who need more support to succeed from Primary through to Secondary age.
THE SUPPORT THE SCHOOLS WILL RECEIVE
• Trauma informed strategies teachers can use immediately in the classroom
• Practical skills for teaching co-assisted self-regulation across your school
• Evidence based tools to track and improve student learning
• Functional Analysis of Behaviour as a tool to modifying student behaviour of concern
THE TRAINING PACKAGE INCLUDES:
1. Workshop for all staff (half or full day)
2. Coaching – one on one or in teams
3. Development of behaviour support plans for students with critical needs
4. Support for on-going monitoring and review of the interventions implemented using an evidence based practice.
Package 2: Boosting school performance through data analysis and data informed strategic planning
This package of training provides support to analyse school data and offers a conceptual framework for making sense of this key information assisting schools plan and write key documents such as strategic plans and annual implementation plans. The focus of this support assists in analysing and interpreting school data, advice for setting and reaching targets based on this information. This data analysis can also be presented in an individual school report. Schools can combine into clusters to share costs and work collaboratively.